TOPIC : On Creativity
(to be interpreted freely)
JUDGE : Adam Mars-Jones
(Novelist, essayist, critic)
1st - £100 Ways With Words tokens
+ a box set of Notting Hill Editions
2nd – a subscription to Slightly Foxed literary
magazine + a box set of Notting Hill Editions
3rd – a box set of Notting Hill Editions
Closing date for entries – Friday 10 February 2012
Winners will be informed by Friday 24 February 2012
Event at the Words by the Water Festival – Mon. 5 March at 10.15am
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY :
• Entries must be original works of no more than 1000 words.
• Entry fee is £4 per piece.
• Entrants may submit as many pieces as they wish.
• No entry should have been accepted for publication, read on the
stage, radio or television, nor have received a prize in any other
FORMAT FOR ENTRIES :
• Two copies of each entry must be sent.
• Entries should be typed using one side of the paper only.
• Names and addresses must be included on a separate sheet.
• Cheques payable to ‘Words by the Water’ and sent to:
Notting Hill Editions / Words by the Water Essay Competition
Droridge Farm, Dartington, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 6JG
Entrants should enclose an s.a.e. for notification of results.
Entries cannot be returned.