“There is no joy but calm” (Tennyson)
To be interpreted freely.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY :
• Entries are invited for original poems of no more than 40 lines.
• Entry fee £4 per poem.
• Entrants may submit as many poems as they wish.
• No entry should have been accepted for publication, read on
radio/television or stage or have been awarded a prize in any other
FORMAT FOR ENTRIES :
• Two copies of each poem must be submitted.
• Entries should be typed on one side of paper.
• Entrants must not put names or addresses on the work but
must put name, address and titles of poems on a separate sheet.
• Cheques payable to ‘Words by the Water’ and sent with entries
Mirehouse Poetry Competition, Droridge Farm,
Dartington, Totnes, Devon TQ9 6JG
Closing Date - Friday 10 February 2012
Winners notified by Friday 24 February 2011
Entrants should enclose an s.a.e. for notification of results.
Entries cannot be returned.
The Mirehouse Poetry Prize has been given
to celebrate Mirehouse’s longstanding literary
connections with writers including Wordsworth,
Southey, Tennyson, Fitzgerald, Carlyle and